American Sociaty for Human Genetics (ASHG) 2016 featured many interesting talks as well as great poster presentations. As every year, after all. We presented a poster on the Beacon Network on Friday, October 22, as part of the 2pm block. The poster attracted quite a few people, many of whom knew of the project and came to the session prepared, with specific questions on their mind. If you couldn’t be there, feel free to check out the abstract and download the poster.
The Beacon Network is actually tied to at least 5 other abstracts from the conference, all of which were created by people involved in the Beacon Project and organizations participating in the Beacon Network:
- PgmNr 3073/W: Between open and controlled? A registered access model.
- PgmNr 3199/W: RD-Connect: Data sharing and analysis for rare disease research within the integrated platform and through GA4GH Beacon and GA4GH/IRDiRC Matchmaker Exchange.
- PgmNr 1714/W: SolveBio FUSE: A very large genetic variant dataset generated with MapReduce.
- PgmNr 1870/W: EGA: Towards distributed consented genetic and phenotypic data access.
- PgmNr 3041/T: The Brazilian Initiative on Precision Medicine (BIPMed): The first publically available genomic database in Latin America.